2027 Women’s World Cup bid in a three-way match, South Africa

Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, United States, Mexico, Brazil Competition

South Africa missed the 2027 FIFA Women’s World Cup bid.

The South African Football Association (SAFA) announced on the 24th that it has withdrawn its application to host the 2027 Women’s World Cup. SAFA explained the scheduling difficulties for the 2027 tournament, adding that it plans to prepare for the next 2031 tournament.

“This decision will not weaken our commitment to women’s soccer,” SAFA said. “We decided that it would be better to submit an application for a better-prepared bid for the 2031 tournament after reorganization.”

The venue for the 2027 Women’s World Cup will be decided at the FIFA General Assembly on May 17 next year. The bid to host the tournament was originally a four-way race, but it became a three-way race as South Africa left. Belgium, the Netherlands, and Germany hoped to co-host it, and the United States and Mexico also entered the bid by co-hosting it. Brazil, which wants to hold the event alone, is competing here.

“Now we will focus on creating a competitive national team to compete in the 2027 tournament,” SAFA said. South Africa advanced to the finals one after another in France in 2019 and Australia and New Zealand in 2023, and especially in this year’s tournament, it achieved its first point, victory, and advance to the round of 16. She also won the Africa Women’s Cup of Nations for the first time last year. 토토사이트

No Comments

Add Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.